The EDC Cap Kit includes the worlds lightest headset top cap (4.2g), and an EDC steerer plug with drain hole which keeps crud out of your steerer.
Top caps are compatible with all 1-1/8" aluminum steerer tubes.
The EDC steerer plug is required for EDC tool storage and is compatible with most aluminum tapered steerer tubes.
Check fork compatibility.
- EDC TOP CAP
- EDC steerer plug
- 2x 1mm, 3mm, & 5mm Headset Spacers
INSTALL THE EDC TOP CAP
- You need a minimum of 5mm of headset spacer above the stem and your steerer tube should be 1-2mm below the top of this spacer.
- Apply a small amount of grease to your newly cut thread and screw in your new EDC top cap.
- The Top Cap interface uses a standard cassette lockring tool. You do not need to apply much torque as you are only preloading the bearings. (Your stem pinch bolts are what holds your fork in place). The EDC multitool contains a top cap tightening tool. So even when riding you always have the ability to tighten your headset if need be.
- Align your stem and tighten your stem bolts to the manufacturers recommended torque.
- The final step is to insert the plastic bung/plug into the bottom of your fork. Turn your 8mm hex sideways and use it to push the plug into the fork by pulling the 8mm towards your chest. This piece holds the bottom of the EDC Tool and stops it from rattling. It also keeps dirt out of your fork and has a small drain hole.
Note* The EDC Tap kit includes a star nut puller and self aligning tap
All compatibility and fit determinations have been made solely by OneUp. Use of this or any other aftermarket product may void any warranty you have with the original part manufacturer.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.